Attending a professional HVAC conference has plenty of advantages: you get the chance to meet industry leaders, further your HVAC knowledge, learn new industry trends and network with other professionals in your field.
Here are some HVAC trade shows and conferences occurring in 2017.
1. The International Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo) 1
January 30 – February 1 in Las Vegas, NV
Get Started on the Path to a New Career
Fill out our form to learn how we can help you change your life.
- Who is it for? The AHR Expo is co-sponsored by ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc.) and AHRI (Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute). HVAC professionals from across the nation, ranging from contractors, installers, and designers attend this event.
- What can you expect? The 2017 show will host over 2,000 vendors, representing different segments of the industry, demonstrating HVAC-related products, a showcase, software center, etc.
- Why would you want to attend? This is one of the biggest events for HVAC professionals. It’s your chance to meet industry representatives, see start up businesses, the latest technology, and much more. If you are looking for a prime networking opportunity while still getting HVAC training, this is the show for you.
2. The International District Energy Association (IDEA) Conference & Trade Show 2
- Who is it for? The IDEA conferences support the organization’s overall mission of helping members be successful by providing efficient and environmentally sound heating and cooling and co-generation (combined heating and power knowns as CHP).
- What can you expect? Each conference has a different topic but all focus on some aspect of sustainability. In Miami, the conference will be focusing on utility professionals working on campus. While details have not been worked out for Scottsdale later this year how sustainability can be incorporated.
- Why would you want to attend? Sustainable technology is the future of HVAC. Technicians that are knowledgeable about green trends in HVAC may have access to more job prospects, so familiarizing yourself with green technology is a good start.
3. The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Conference 3
June 24 – 28 in Long Beach, CA
- Who is it for? The ASHRAE conference will focus on Net Zero Energy, which is a growing trend in the building industry in California. Overall, ASHRAE promotes sustainable technology in construction and building, so its conference is designed for those who are also pursuing this mission. 4
- What can you expect? The ASHRAE convention covers multiple topics related to energy efficiency and environmental friendliness in HVAC, such as Standards Guidelines and Codes in Residential Buildings, Optimizing New and Existing Buildings and their Operation or Building Life Safety Systems.
- Why would you want to attend?Green technology is playing an increasingly important role in HVAC, especially in building and construction. If you plan to work in this sector, attending ASHRAE conferences and becoming a member will allow you to learn about the newest trends and regulations in green building and construction.
HVAC Conferences: An Opportunity for Inspiration
nities and a chance to learn outside the classroom for HVAC students. Not only can you network and learn about the latest HVAC trends, and you may get an idea of what kind of HVAC career path you are interested in.
1 – http://ahrexpo.com/about-overview/
2 – http://www.districtenergy.org/upcoming-idea-events
3 – http://ashraem.confex.com/ashraem/s17/cfp.cgi
4 – https://www.ashrae.org/home
This blog has been labeled as archived as it may no longer contain the most up-to-date data. For a list of all current blog posts, please visit our blog homepage at https://www.rsi.edu/blog/