Need-Based or Merit-Based Gift Aid to Fund Vocational Training
Seventy percent of RSI students received scholarships or grants to help fund their investment in vocational school during the 2017-2018 school year.i
A scholarship is funding to help pay for your investment in vocational training. Thousands of scholarships exist, and there are just as many types of organizations offering them as reasons you could qualify for one.
Scholarships can come from religious groups, social and professional organizations, employers, schools, private companies, individuals, communities and nonprofits.
There are two types of scholarships:
- You’ll need to meet all regular admissions requirements and be scheduled to start training before applying for a scholarship.
- Changing your training start date could result in the loss of your scholarship.
- Students are placed in classes and programs based on availability. If you are awarded a scholarship while enrolled in certain classes and programs, you cannot transfer that award.iv
You might be eligible for a merit-based scholarship if you had good grades in high school, did well on a sports team, or have specific talents or traits. Some scholarships are even available for students preparing for vocational careers.ii, iii
RSI Scholarship Requirements:
Match Scholarships to Your Vocational Training Focus
Did you know you might qualify for a scholarship just for training to become a welder, HVAC/R technician or electrician? Scholarships are also available to help military members, veterans and their families with the transition from service to vocational school.
- Welding Scholarships – Scholarships for welding and pipefitting training programs.
- HVAC/R Scholarships – Scholarships for heating, air conditioning, ventilation and refrigeration training programs.
- Electrical Scholarships – Scholarships for electrical applications and electrician training.
- General Trade School Scholarships – Scholarships for skilled trades training.
- Military Scholarships – Scholarships for military members, veterans and their families for vocational training
Scholarship Help for Students
Frequently Asked Scholarship Questions Answered
You Can Count on Us for Scholarship Support
Our Financial Aid Advisors are here to support you through the process of finding, applying for and using scholarships to fund your training investment. Whether you need guidance when filling out the application or enrollment verification letters, we’re here to serve you. Call or request more info.